Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Cute Hatchlings - Wordless Wednesday

I have been watching these insect eggs for about 4 or 5 days, and today, they hatched!!!  Yeah, I know, I get excited over the weirdest things.  LOL  The eggs started out pure white, then a couple days ago, they got a black speck on them.  Then the next day, they had a brownish cast to them.  And when I went out to check on them today, they were hatching!  They kind of look like lady bugs right now, but they could be some other sort of orangish beetle.  I hope they stick around long enough for me to find out!


 photo eggs1.jpg

 photo eggs3.jpg



 photo eggs2.jpg


6 comments:

  1. Well you just might have you a batch of the friendliest insect in your yard. It will be interesting to see if they are in deed lady bugs!!! Thanks for sharing on Oh My Heartsie this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. That is quite cool. Thanks for posting.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/06/ww-good-bye-angela-and-eggy-you-made-us.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are interesting looking critters--great shots! I'm fascinated by bugs and their life stages. I'm not an entomologist but they don't look like lady beetle nymphs to me. I think they may be BMSB nymphs (Brown Marmorated Stink Bug--not really a good thing in the garden). There is a good article and photo of the BMSB nymphs/eggs (scroll down to the end of the article) here: https://uconnladybug.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/stink-bugs/
    I like to use Bugguide.net to help me ID bugs. (I posted a photo of a bug I couldn't ID there and had an entomologist answer within a minute as to what it was.) There is a photo of BMSB nymphs here:
    http://bugguide.net/node/view/435469
    Your local extension service would be able to tell you for sure.
    Happy bug hunting, and Happy Wordless Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...look at the baby buggies! They really are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for such a lovely comment! Your macros are incredible. I wonder what they are. I actually drew a ladybug several days ago. They are so cute. And yeah, bees rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking this on Amanda's Books and More. It is truly amazing to witness new life and you got to be the observer. I'll try to show my girls tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting! Please leave me some love below! Cause I get lonely. Oh, and don't forget to tell me how pretty I am! ;-) Thanks!!! Have a wonderful day!