Thursday, May 22, 2014

Little Things Mean a Lot

I don't lead an exciting life.  I don't work outside the home, so my days are filled with the mundane most of the time.  Cooking, cleaning, and taking care of my little family.  I have a husband, and three daughters, but two of them have left the nest, so I have my (almost) 16 year old, a german shepherd, a cranky kitty, and every afternoon, my little neighbor girl, after school.  I do artsy stuff sometimes, and that is fun, but most of my time is just regular old day to day living.  And that's just fine by me!

I find happiness in little things like the first ripening strawberry!  (And, when editing my photos on my laptop, spotting the tiny baby slug behind the berry!  I know, they are a pest, but how can you not go "Awwww" when you see a baby ANYTHING???  LOL)





Or, the fact, that my little 4x4 foot raised strawberry garden is just filled to the brim with baby berries!!!  And, hopefully soon, a bajillion baby praying mantis' that will hatch from the TWO egg sacks that are hidden amongst them!  (Again, I'm a sucker for babies!  LOL)

I love seeing the sunlight shine through the damp, morning leaves.  Seeing this early in the morning just made my whole day brighter!



Now, I don't only find happiness in tiny creatures.  Take Zeus, for instance.  He's huge, but he's still MY baby!  He's almost two years old!  How could you look at that face and not smile?  It can't be done!  I've tried.  I can't scold him for some bit of naughtiness, because I can't hold my "grumpy face".   ;-)

This german shepherd puppy (yeah, he's technically a puppy!) gives me smiles all day long!  Like when I see him just STOP, and take that classic shepherd pose!  Isn't that a beautiful thing to behold?




And sometimes, he is just plain SILLY!  Like here.  Lately, he has taken to chasing his tail.  A LOT!  Sometimes, I  have to stop him, because he's thumping and bumping so much I just can't take the racket anymore.  But.... I gotta laugh every time I see it!  You usually picture smaller dogs, or puppies doing this, not a 90 lb behemoth!!!  It's adorable, I tell ya!

So, as you can see, I lead a simple life.  But I am constantly finding things to smile about!  And that seems pretty darn important to me.  Now, how about you?  What little things make you smile throughout your day?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post has been added to:

Weekends are Fun Bloghop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting! Please leave me some love below! Cause I get lonely. Oh, and don't forget to tell me how pretty I am! ;-) Thanks!!! Have a wonderful day!